Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Giving This A Try

First off, I'll be completely honest. I've probably had this blog set up for about a year or so.. and am just getting around to writing my first post. I never really knew what to write about, where to start or what to say. Is there supposed to be a theme? Am I supposed to write about the same thing in every post? 

Today, I feel inspired. I feel inspired to inspire others. I was talking to a good friend, and he suggested that I use a blog to tell my story and use my story to help and encourage others. It finally hit me. I now feel like I have a lot to say and I'm not drawing a mind blank anymore. I am genuinely excited to share my story. If it only encourages one person, well then that's one more encouraged person than there was yesterday. 

It's been a long, crazy and even exhausting few years for me. Looking back, I wouldn't have changed a thing. We go through different situations and trials just wishing that they never happened. Would you be the person you are today if life was just easy and perfect? Would you be the person you are today if you never went through a tough time? Would you be the person you are today if you never experienced hurt, loss, grief or upset? Whether we realize it or not, bad situations are means for growth. They help us develop strength. It took a long, long time for me to realize that.

Join me in my road to physical recovery, my road to accomplishing my dreams and my road to hopefully help other people. 

I hope everyone has the most amazing evening! 


1 comment:

  1. Happy to see you share your progress with us, Emily. I can't wait to see the first pics of you skating. :)

    ReplyDelete